took her out for the first time today

paulob1

I took my 432 for a drive today...ooh she was fun....and she was really hard to stop her running up to 30 plus mph....lovely, but very very warm...she is very smooth...

I fitted the reversing camera and that is great as a driving mirror...you all need to fit one it makes driving so much safer....

dead simple...bolted it onto the back using an existing screw hole and the appropriate screw, ran the wire to the front and into the cab...no holes in the bodywork...run it into the main hatch, into the 12/24 volt unit...the TV sits in the left hand corner and I power it using the inspection light sockets...means I can remove anytime by undoing one nut and bolt...but believe me it is so good to be able to see behind you...go to reversingcamerasuk.co.uk...absolutely superb full colour 218 quid including delivery...thats with two cameras...I could have run the cable into the air vent at the back and via that route but decided I would prefer to be able to see it and remove it when ever I wanted without much bother...this seemed the easiest way...but the driving improvement is worth its weight in gold..

I took my 432 for a drive today...ooh she was fun....and she was really hard to stop her running up to 30 plus mph....lovely, but very very warm...she is very smooth...

I fitted the reversing camera and that is great as a driving mirror...you all need to fit one it makes driving so much safer....

Funny you should say that Paul - I was advised (read "told to") get one fitted to the OT by those <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> bunch of <censoreds> from VOSA when I rang them.....

You are spot on though - it does make the rear vision a hell of a lot better and thus safer!!

I cant recomend it enough, changing lanes becomes simple once you have the camera..and you can afford to not stop each time the near side mirror gets moved by a tree or hedge that overhangs the road...

the only real issue is that if you have it as a rear view mirror its not so good as a reversing device...for this i still recomend the mirrors...