Never seen a Leyland like this...

As it says in the title................

It's a Stallion by Ashok Leyland of India. This is made under the Leyland badge......... but I can't help thinking I've seen this somewhere before. :)

Looks like a Ford Cargo based cab. Years ago, Ashok Leylands were based on British models, but may now be no more related to the British namesake than the BMC trucks built in Turkey are to Austin or Morris Commercial.

As it says in the title................

It's a Stallion by Ashok Leyland of India. This is made under the Leyland badge......... but I can't help thinking I've seen this somewhere before. :)

VERY nice looking truck! Pleasing lines, looks a bit Leyland DAF-ish cab wise.

I assume it remains to be seen what the reliability, rusting issues will be with this Indian product? :cool2:

As this vehicle has the eighties Ford cargo cab; there could be a good opportunity there for someone to import panels or even whole cabs to sell on the UK market.

Ford cargo's had extremely good mechanicals and the one thing that let them down was the sh*t (Sounds like sheet, but more like the word I've used) metal they made the cabs from. No doubt there are many mechanically excellent Cargo's with horse box bodies on them, crying out for new panels. I assume they would be using press tools identical to the Ford ones as they are extremely expensive to make. They are also becoming quite popular with restorers. The cab floors and wheel arches are the worst areas for rust. Restoring Cargos with new cabs will, I suppose start off the old argument about originality. Does it really matter though. At least they wont become totally extinct.

The Cargo that I would love to own is the very rare twin steer artic unit with the L10 Cummins. The cab in the film was a sleeper shell too.

Another one of my dreams............. oh well. :-(