mod plastic jerry cans

v8 bubba

hi me again the other day in our scrap yard one of our drivers had tipped a load of mod scrap amongst all the scrap items were as normal several damaged jerry cans what made these of interest to me was the fact that three of them were green plastic jerry cans made by the scepter company now i know these are used by the us forces but i thought that ours still used the same steel jerry cans that we have since the war

i dont think these had come from any ops that our boys are on as iknow the us forces employ yellow injection molded cans for desert ops and green molded ones for everything else

i just wondered if we were trying them out any one out there know for sure

I presume you are talking about water jerrycans. The earliest British one I have ever seen was 1965, in fact I have a green one & a black one of that date.

I was quite excited last year to see a peuce green plastic one dated 1964. The NSN revealed that the NCB was '66' signifying it was Australian.

no deffo fuel cans i am used to the water ones coming in the scrap i will post a pic if i can find a camera lead as i bought two of the sand plastic sceptre cans from ian mumbersons yard a few years back his yard is sadly gone since his passing