bleeding the unimog u900 fuel system..help

paulob1

Question

Hi Guys, does anyone know how to do it on a mog diesel 6 cylinder N/a had to have the tank welded, refitted it and she started up fine, ran for about 5 minutes then stopped, no fuel getting to engine....the inline fuel filter is half full and clearly air is in the system so how do I bleed it, I cant see any logical bleed points on the injector distributor...I have bled it to the fuel filters and filled the filters with fuel too but still no luck...anyone got any experience of the diesel engines...

7 answers to this question

If its anything like old mercs that ive done fill the filters with clean fuel ,crank it over ,re fill if necessary, crack open the last injector union , crank over , check filters refill if ness, and keep doing that it should start ,total pain i know but that works with an old 814 that the wife had as a horsebox.

Stupid point is there enough fuel to cover the draw tube in the tank?

Is there a hand pump on the filters if there is theres a o ring that usually knacks on it ?

Jamie

A long tow can also do it! That's the answer to my Isuzui when playing up. It is possible to get in line hand pumps, rubber bladder things. My experience is that have a having of splitting regularly. I would agree crack the injectors. However!! Are you sure any flexiable fuel lines are in good nick?

everything is okay and it has a fullish tank, a good mechanical pump and I think all the seals are still good but i will just check them once more...

Will release the injector at the end and see if i can force the air out...its so bloody difficult to get to thats the big issue...willhave to lift the cab i guess...another pain, mind you its about time I learnt how to do it...

took my son all of ten minutes after following the above instructions, is that good or what thanks you guys...in those immortal words...I love you all...its been working hard today running beautifully

:thumbsup:

A manual will cost you a small fortune but it really is a worthwhile investment - if only so you can sit at home when somebody asks a question and think to yourself - hang on a minute , I can help out here .

Also when you've been trying to sort something out & realise that some prat has doctored a non MB part to fit ( don't ask ! ) .

I think a new one will cost you somewhere upwards of £125 - but it does comprise two big A4 ring binders - might be worth giving Frank Atkinson a call , got mine from them & they're always very helpful - it is a good low mileage edition which cost me around £80 .

Edited by snowtracdave