What Vehicle do I need?

Shakey985

MGandGlenburnPub003-1.jpg

As some of you would know I am in the process of rebuilding the Sugarloaf Creek Hotel. This is situated 10 miles from the Puckapunyal Military Base, it was renowned as a solders watering hole prior to the Boar war and its down fall was Nashos sneaking out of camp in the 1950s for a quite drink with a borrowed Jeep.

So when I have finished what sort of Military Vehicle should the hotel have?

Thank you for your suggestions’ so far. When I was discharged from the Army 11 years ago, I moved to my current address and was always fascinated by the stone veranda wall all that remained of the famous Sugarloaf Creek Hotel (Glue Pot). About 18 months ago I started to rebuild with a lot of help from the local community, and ex army mates. It has become a lot more involved then when I first started, in away it has become a living history museum with prominence going to the 2/8th Armoured Regiment as they made it there home away from home during the second world war and the 2 locals that were in the Boar war. I have no intention of ever getting a licence to sell alcohol, and the pub is not money making venture more a men’s shed but females are allowed, at one end there was a ladies parlour and this will return once I finish building the open fire place.

Any vehicle that I acquire must be capable of replacing my current Ute and doing the tasks that it is currently required to do, a bonus would be to carry more passengers.

Pre WW2 to 1957 is the age range (the pub was delicensed in1957). A story that a local told me was that some time during the war he and his sister were coming home from school and they had to detour through the paddocks’ due to over 80 Army trucks parked along both sides of the road and hundreds of solders having a quite beer.

One day I hope to recreate this.