Hilter (jobsworth) Met at Chipping

Well today we set off for chipping , been looking forward to it all week . Got there to be met with mud nearly 2 foot deep in places ,(that explains the numerous classic cars ,bikes and trucks we saw going the other way!!even our friend with a tank said he would not bring it out onto this!!)To get into the military vehicle area we had to go through the middle of the deep stuff. This is fine if you want your truck filthy , but as someone who appreciates what they have and has spent many years and much money getting it how they want , i asked the guy "organising"(**** up and brewerey spring to mind ) If he could move a freelander slightly we could all get onto the area , with out more ploughing up. This was met with its only mud !well it might be but i dont go to rallies to off road , i would buy a shagged land rover for that purpose !! Despite asking again he refused .(only had to move it about 6 feet)

How can the show scene expect a good turn out from us lads , if your met with that attitude .

Go by all means if you like mud !!

Dont go if you appreciate your vehicle , the time you have spent on it , the money you have invested in it.......:coffee:

Edited by Marmite!!

hi mark reading your review wont b going tomor save my fuel if thats his attitude bout time they changed the stewards year after year if it rains there is mud so y dont they sort drainage out then it wouldnt b as bad

Well today we set off for chipping , been looking forward to it all week . Got there to be met with mud nearly 2 foot deep in places ,(that explains the numerous classic cars ,bikes and trucks we saw going the other way!!even our friend with a tank said he would not bring it out onto this!!)To get into the military vehicle area we had to go through the middle of the deep stuff. This is fine if you want your truck filthy , but as someone who appreciates what they have and has spent many years and much money getting it how they want , i asked the guy "organising"(**** up and brewerey spring to mind ) If he could move a freelander slightly we could all get onto the area , with out more ploughing up. This was met with its only mud !well it might be but i dont go to rallies to off road , i would buy a shagged land rover for that purpose !! Despite asking again he refused .(only had to move it about 6 feet)

How can the show scene expect a good turn out from us lads , if your met with that attitude .

Go by all means if you like mud !!

Dont go if you appreciate your vehicle , the time you have spent on it , the money you have invested in it.......:coffee:

Might be worth a letter to let them know why you wont be supporting them in future.

Edited by Marmite!!

As said before on this forum, we we not back any calls for boycotting of shows, individuals or businesses, any such posts will be removed editted.... This is to protect HMVF from any possible legal action..

Sorry to hear you couldn't access the site.

Has anybody else been today and seen the rest of the show ground?

I was intending to visit with family on Sunday, but if it's too muddy we'll have to give it a miss.

We've got a pram to try and push round and get back in the car at the end of the day, if it's full of mud it'll be a nightmare. We also usually rely on a sit down on the grass for a rest and picnic at these sorts of events.

I thought Chipping was a well established show so would be free of these problems. It has poured down this past week or two though.

we drove through the show ground to the designated area , there is no way you could push a pram mate or for that matter sit down . i would not take my children ..........

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a miss then.

Thanks for the input on the ground conditions. I went to a Land Rover show at Langley Farm some years back and, until then, I hadn't considered myself bothered whether it got muddy or not, after all, it's a 4X4, what could be the problem. It took an hour to get the clagg levered out from chassis rails, underseat fuel tanks and outriggers, and this from just driving into the parking area. If I'd done the offroad run I could have gone through the water at the end :)

Think I'll trundle along to the Andrew Greenwood vehicle show at Ripley Castle on Monday, call in at the Ripley Ice Cream hut on the way home.

As said before on this forum, we we not back any calls for boycotting of shows, individuals or businesses, any such posts will be removed editted.... This is to protect HMVF from any possible legal action..

OOPS! Sorry LEE! :sweat: But you see, if little Hitlers with attitudes like this are not at least tried to be sorted. Then this sort of thing gets worse. They get complacent & couldnt care less. If Exhibitors vote with thier feet (Like previous posts regarding Oddessy!) & dont go, & SAY why they are not attending. The organsisers might take action to prevent to a degree, this sort of attitude!

QUOTE: 'All it takes for Evil to Triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!' :nono:

Regards: Mike

Oddly, I've just got back from the Sellindge Steam special in Kent where the dust is so dry and powdery you could hardly see from one side of the arena to the other (don't suppose the 432 and the Abbot doing circuits helped!)

Looks like you got the Bank Holiday weather instead of us this year...........

Oddly, I've just got back from the Sellindge Steam special in Kent where the dust is so dry and powdery you could hardly see from one side of the arena to the other (don't suppose the 432 and the Abbot doing circuits helped!)

Looks like you got the Bank Holiday weather instead of us this year...........

I went there myself on the Sunday, I thought it was a good show. I didnt take a vehicle as I just couldnt be bothered! I have just taken collection of a lovely new toy that I really wanted to get! :banana:I only got it back around 11.30am. Had to then turn around & catch a train to London & brave the underground to collect my car that I went up in! When I eventually got back it was 3.30pm. I thought about going over for the last hour. But, spent an Hour going over my latest acquisition instead! Glad I didnt go, it started raining!.....:cry: musnt' muddy the 'New Toy'!:nono:

I went there myself on the Sunday, I thought it was a good show. I didnt take a vehicle as I just couldnt be bothered! I have just taken collection of a lovely new toy that I really wanted to get! :banana:I only got it back around 11.30am. Had to then turn around & catch a train to London & brave the underground to collect my car that I went up in! When I eventually got back it was 3.30pm. I thought about going over for the last hour. But, spent an Hour going over my latest acquisition instead! Glad I didnt go, it started raining!.....:cry: musnt' muddy the 'New Toy'!:nono:
Mikke. Did you get my e-mail i sent you this afternoon??. I think i'm having problems sending mails through HMVF.