Which club gives the most.

agripper

I have said this before,and this is no disrespect to the forum. But i have seen it on other web based sites around car clubs. Sites like this could see the death of smaller clubs.

For instance you are getting up to the minute info,news,and pictures here. Whereas with a club you have to wait a month to read anything,and then have to pay an annual membership fee.Also the added bonus with it here is,that forms of friendships are made here before actually meeting people. It breaks down barriers.

Sites like this will be the way forward.

There is a lot of truth in this for sure. And yet nothing is stopping the clubs running their own forums along the same lines as HMVF. With the greatest respect to Joris, Jack and all the hard working Mods - it ain't rocket science!!! Nor is it overly expensive as most clubs have a web presence of some sort and the software for a forum is readily available and not that expensive.... Some server hosts include a BB (forum) package in the deal....

I was going to join the ex military landrover club but did not think my lieghtweight hardcore enough for them, as it is not complete with the radio kit just on the outside it is right.

I'm trying to work out what you've just said, you think that your Lightweight isn't good enough as it doesn't have all the radio kit on it?

Always thought of teh Ex military landrover club as one for hard core enthusiasts who have very single peice of kit for the landy with little or nothing out of place or wrong. I have my FFR for fun as well as to show and need to have the seats in the back for teh kids so got rid of teh radio table. Got the wing boxes and the side arial which goes throught the tilt but this does not attatch to anything which is why I dont think it is good enough for what I think there standards are. Long winded I know but got there in the end. With all teh different makes I have I will be better off with the MVT , but you cant get away from single make clubs that support the enthusiastand are not run as a bussiness, Used to be in the leightweight club and they like the 101 club have small stocks of hard to find parts such as footwells and vent panels.

Fair comment, not the way I see it though. I've often said that I'd like to see a vehicle with the minimum of CES on it at a show, instead of being luvved up at the surplus shop. You could always turn up with just the wingtop mounts, nothing else fitted, or go for the stripped down look.

Agree with the importance of single marque clubs that do the remanufacturing thing.

Another thought about clubs, not directed at you agripper, my input to the thread.

Regardless of which ones we are in, we aren't isolationist, we meet up at the larger interest shows, people see our vehicles, collections, pride and joy, re-enactment displays, historical studies and chat to owners, frequent their forums and so on. Is it not achieving a useful result? It's more of a movement IMHO, the clubs themselves are furnishing the individual tastes, either through established regimes maturing and not being narrow minded, or by being selective and focussing.

Surprised myself by coming out with that one, I must be slipping in my old age.