Headamp Bulbs

84KB11

Does anyone know a good supplier for 24v headlamp bulbs for my FFR Land Rovers and FV433?

These are the non-halogen, spherical glass type, with 3 spade connectors on the rear.

I think they may be P45T pattern.

Thanks,

You must have pretty good eyesight if you are going to use that type of bulb. I seem to think they are somewhat lower in wattage than the equivalent halogen bulbs. I know you can get halogen conversion bulbs of that fitting in 12v but I will have to find out if there's a 24v equivalent.

As Arnie says............... "I'll be back" :)

Hi Swill1952xs,

84KB11 has 24v halogens, fitted in service before release.

They are easy to get hold of, but I do not want to change the other vehicles from original until I have to.

I seem to get more problems with the lighting circuits on the halogen bulbs than I do on the other vehicles with standard ones.

Most likely just bad luck, but you never know.

Hi Swill1952xs,

84KB11 has 24v halogens, fitted in service before release.

They are easy to get hold of, but I do not want to change the other vehicles from original until I have to.

I seem to get more problems with the lighting circuits on the halogen bulbs than I do on the other vehicles with standard ones.

Most likely just bad luck, but you never know.

The halogens are 75/70 watt, and the old pre focus type are 55/50's which could be the reason why you get circuit problems, but that's unlikely as there is less than one amp extra power required to run them. (Amps = Wattage divided by voltage)

I reckon if you fit the old tungsten bulbs, you'll have a sod of a job seeing where you are going at night. I had them on a Metro :-D

The halogen bulb number is either 024 or HB24, and the tungsten bulbs are 429's. (24 volt) :)

Oh, an' P.S. on our tankers, we find that more often than not, when a bulb blows, it will take the fuse with it. This could lead you to think you have a circuit problem. More likely crap bulbs.

Edited by Swill1952xs