Calling all rmp's and rmp buffs!!

james-sas

Right! my dad was in the R.M.P from 1951 to 1953 as his national service, He has asked me to put a little note on the site see if any one can help.

He would like to know of any pictures or information surrounding his time there the details i have are:

Stationed at Inkerman barracks,

Was part of 247 provost co,

Unusually wore canadian green battle dress whislt other troops wore standard b.d's,

My dad is Cpl. J.McChesney

Can anyone help??

Over to you's!!

lol - beaten to the punch, yeah, Redcap 70 is an excellent resource. You can also contact the RMP Museum, now located at:

The RMP Museum

DCPG

PP38

Southwick Park

Nr Fareham

Hampshire

PO17 6EJ

Tel: 023 9228 4372

I found them incredibly useful in researching the Cold War period for CWP, and while they don't hold soldiers records, they have all the archives of the RMP Journal, and unit / divisional scrap books as well :)

• 1 year later...
Yet again thank you! so is it normal for the 118 team to pick up "faults" in there sons uniform? something i've experienced for a good few years!!

my daughter has the military bug and yes i try to get her to dress correct but due to her hair we put her in the acc so she can relax on dress code a bit as a cook

:-Dessential section and get away with murder:-D

my daughter has the military bug and yes i try to get her to dress correct but due to her hair we put her in the acc so she can relax on dress code a bit as a cook

:-Dessential section and get away with murder:-D

So what's wrong with her hair?