Google Earth!

Joris

I got caught with my B-17 at RAF Coltishall in 2003. I've only been there three times in my life, and only once with the B-17. I think it is towards the end of the day, the sun is in the West casting long shadows, and I think the outer wing panels have been removed from the B-17 as I start to dismantle it.

I used the Google measurement tool on the trailer width, length and B-17 length, and they all match spot on! I found my house too and realised I left the wheelie bin on the end of the drive!!

2006-03-09_083655_Coltishall_Models.jpg

2006-03-09_083719_Coltishall_Trailer.jpg

Steve

Maps aren't too up to date in some areas though :cry:

This is home:

GoogleEarth-Home.jpg

The area inside the yellow triangle is ours. The large white object on the drive is, as labelled, our old 1993 Abbey Oxford GT caravan. Immediately south of that is my old Saab 900 Carlsson - West of the Carlsson is a Saaab 95 and South of the carlsson is the old LWB series 2A LandRover we used to use as a tow car. taken all together they put the age of this photo at around no earlier than Dec 199 and no later than Oct 2001 - we bought the Carlsson and the caravan in Q3 1999 andswapped the landrover for a Citroen in 2001. Caravan was swapped for a new Abbey GTS in 2003

I thought of that - just a few major problems though:

1) The wife would likely kill me!

2) With an RM8 postcode getting insurance would be almost impossible

3) The drive would need to be ripped up and relaid with SUBSTANTIALLY deeper foundations ( you should see the indentations a Pajero left over 3 the space of three years....)