Barv gallery

abn deuce

or are they more interested in restoring German armour?

Take a guess, the photo says everything Sherman V hulk in the same photo -does Boington have a Sherman V 75mm? The M40 looks from its rear bogie that it may have been once been a gateguard, there's a Centaur in the background , the recovered A30 Challenger was sent to an outworker for resortation nearly a decade ago -has it returned. I could go no but I need some prosac as I'm getting depressed.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Pity the the lst was not HMS Striker. I found a clip on sky which shows the amphibius landings in the falklands where you see the BARV come ashore with the Marines on it. The program was call the SAS in action no 4 but dont know how to download to the computer. Love the Sherman BARV footage. not seen so much on them before.

There is a picture somewhere which shops a BARV stuck in the mud in San Carlos. Rumour has it that it was pulled out into deep water and left, and then recovered later. Can't remember the publication at this point. I learnt a bit from a guy who was on HMS Fearless, and there was an HMS Fearless Association, not sure if it is still going. I think the SAMA82 Association is still functioning.

I spent a day up at Instow some time ago, those Cent BARVs were really well looked after, had to be because of the salt water immersion.

00 ZR 36 is a Cent BARV but not sure if that is what you want to know. Where is the sherman BARV from?

The Cent is up at a REME museum near us and thought showing the mil reg no might raise some posts ! my son is peering out through the thick window.

The Sherman is at the Aldershot military museum I think.