German patches

Great War truck

I was given this patch from a US Army veteran. He tells me that it was given to him by a army friend just after the war. I know little about these thigns apart from it being German and probably the patch that goes on the jacket. Can anybody tell me anything else about it, as my knowledge is sadly lacking.

Snowin2009212.jpg

Snowin2009214.jpg

Thanks

Tim (too)

Looks like a Kriegsmarine eagle to me. Either German Navy or Coastal Artillery.

It's an other ranks breast eagle. I have been handling, collecting & dealing in Militaria for over 35 years. From the photo, I would say it's a reproduction. Dispite what your friend says! (just MY opinion & expierience)

Hope this is of help to you.

Mike.

No offence taken. The veteran (my Father in law) has given me lots of other patches which are genuine US Army ones and also bits of his uniform. This is the first time that he has given me a German patch which suprised me a little. He was a bit uncertain as to where he got it from but thought that it was given to him by an army buddy just after the war. Anyway, thanks for clarrifying that.

Tim (too)