What is the part no for these Rover wipers.

fv1609

The proper wiper blades for my 1965 Shorland are no longer obtainable. They had no Rover number but were identified by Lucas 54700102 or Trico 205410E.

In the past I have just picked up single stud in the arm push on wipers & cut them to length. Easy seeing them at a dealer or stall, but internet ordering not so easy as everything is identified by part number & often with “image not available”.

So do the wipers below have the same fitting means as the standard wiper of the time? But I am not sure what is meant by “box fitting” (GWB128) or “stud fitting” (GWB127). I would prefer black as they are easier to paint than chrome, is there are identifying part no to distinguish that?

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

Thanks

Clive, have a look here, they do a range of wipers, they also do them in choice of black/stainless at reasonable price, no idea what the part numbers are.

If they are too long, use a set of tin snips to get them the right length, you then get a decent custom fitted blade for your particular screen!

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/10-riged-bayonet-fit-ss-or-black-wiper-blade-c-915-p-1-pr-17154.html

Adam, yes I've always had to hacksaw them down. Where images are shown on these sort of items, it is never a very clear view of the exact fitting. Was that standard type if 50s/60s then? They are are bit expensive as I will need 2 pairs.

BTW do you need a stop light pressure switch on the pig servo? I have found some at £1.98 although postage costs more than that!

Adam, yes I've always had to hacksaw them down. Where images are shown on these sort of items, it is never a very clear view of the exact fitting. Was that standard type if 50s/60s then? They are are bit expensive as I will need 2 pairs.

BTW do you need a stop light pressure switch on the pig servo? I have found some at £1.98 although postage costs more than that!

There is that bayonet type, and the "Peg" type that you need the rubber peg to hold it in place, i havent seen another type of fitting with that style of wiper blades, that particular website is quite reasonable, i have seen them at nearly £20 a pair!

Did you find the brake pressure switches on an e-bay shop, i already have one, just need to fit it as my lights are a bit unpredictable with the present switch, very reasonable price was considering buying more but where do you stop! (Brake...stop ....geddit?......i'll get my coat)

Adam with 4 wipers needed, I hoped these would do:

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/9721/PRC1330F-WIPER-BLADE-FLAT-SERIES-II-III.html?search=wiper%20blade&page=1

But no picture:argh: He seems quite reasonable on other prices & found him via a recommendation.

Wouldn't be a problem in the show season looking & comparing, but trying to distance buying is problem particularly trying to match up this hub for it.

Yes those pressure switches were off ebay I thought I bought his last two. Then next day he put up another five, so plenty to go round!