Fun in the snow 02/02/09 Central London

Nick Johns

Nice to see that someone in London can drive in the snow. :-D

I fail to see why a slight covering of snow causes so much chaos. There has only been a couple of inches here so far so nothing worth taking pictures of.

London had it far worse than my corner of Essex - we call the People's Republic of Southend. I agree. All the buses were off the road in the capital. When my parents were "on the back" in the 1950s and 60s working out of Tottenham Garage in Philip Lane they worked on the old RT, RTL, RTW, RM, RML, DMS and RF types in the fleet. They were out in all weathers and conditions. Nothing stopped the buses of the old London Passenger Transport Board. Now they have all these modern brakes and stuff and look what happens. Where was Cliff Richard when we needed him?

Barnes digresses.

London had it far worse than my corner of Essex - we call the People's Republic of Southend. I agree. All the buses were off the road in the capital. When my parents were "on the back" in the 1950s and 60s working out of Tottenham Garage in Philip Lane they worked on the old RT, RTL, RTW, RM, RML, DMS and RF types in the fleet. They were out in all weathers and conditions. Nothing stopped the buses of the old London Passenger Transport Board. Now they have all these modern brakes and stuff and look what happens. Where was Cliff Richard when we needed him?

Barnes digresses.

In them days you din't have a couple of hundred thousand other nerds out on the road wityh you. I had some idiot (in guess what? A BMW) tailgating me today with about six inches of snow stuck on his windscreen and a letter box strip to see through. Sod that I pulled over , he went flying past and the back windows and mirrors were totally covered.