A few vehicles to identify

antarmike

I don't recall seeing pictures of the Wolseley before. Where's it from? Vanderveen lists Wolseley tractors as being 1904 and 1907 - the '04 version being "the first internal-combustion oil-engined tractor", so interesting that this is '05.

Les - I think the German car is a Mercedes. I'm on the case with the other, but I'll let others have a go first.

It comes from a booklet Celebrating one of Leylands/ British Leylands birthdays, (80'th??) I'll get back with more details, I am at work on lunchbreak and don't have it with me.

"Licensed to carry" , Leylands 80 years in commercial transport.

a "Motor Tramnsport" special 1976

Thanks Mike - another item to find!

Les - As no one else has got it, the pedestrian-controlled trolley is known variously as a "Trolley, Motorised, 4-wheeled, Airborne" and "Dropping Zone Collecting Barrow"; popularly known as the Morris 'Jarrow'; designed by Alec Issigonis (of Mini fame). Only ten were made. Designed to be dropped from the bomb racks of aircraft, the wheels etc fitted inside the parachute container which then converted into the barrow. Seems a lot smashed to pieces when they hit the ground!