np timber

nptimber

I think its about time i introduced myself . live nr market harborough leics ex Recovery Mechanic with 118 recovery coy (corby) . I have a collection of ex military vehicles some restored but most converted to timber tractors / recovery . Scammell pioneer SV/2S restored by my father in 1979 owned by me since 1989 restored again 2008 . Between us dad / brothers /nephews we have 2 0854 aecs. 7 0853 matadors .1 R100 pioneer .1 1/2 SV/2S pioneers . 1 thornycroft big ben harvey frost recovery LW Vass convertion.1 austin k6 tipper ex RAF. 1 gmc cckw bolster .1 diamond t 969 ( timber tractor) .1 aec militant w/ atlas crane .1 aec militant 0859 6x6 ? converted by grampian council for snow plough coverted by me to winch tractor . non military vehicles include scammell 45t chain drive .scammell highwayman 65 t pickfords tractor .1939 aec mammoth minor used by ministry of war transport 1939 1945,. Probably too many vehicles but better to save them than converting them into chinese razor blades !!

Wondered how long it would take you to work it out ? matadors came from NP timber in kettering .

Hi Ben, I was there with Alan Walker and his Explorer when we dragged the first one back to the Welland Valley site - how many years ago was that?:shocked:

I gather you have Stretties Amazon up there, any progress??

Mike

Hi Ben, I was there with Alan Walker and his Explorer when we dragged the first one back to the Welland Valley site - how many years ago was that?:shocked:

Mike

Have just got copys of photos from alans dad dave walker of collecting the matadors from kettering shows alans explorer suspend towing one of them and me steering the other on a straight bar behind dads chain drive scammell i was only 16 at the time so thats 1987 still got matador now and bought the other one that they were still using in the yard last year it still runs and drives but is a complete wreck but has loads of local history talking to original driver from np timber he has lots of photos of the pair of them working 1970s 80s

Mike

Stretts amazon stands in my brothers yard along with his handyman and lowlowder trailer soon to be put in barn we have rented .think strett will repaint amazon this year now that handyman is finished.

Mike

Have just got copys of photos from alans dad dave walker of collecting the matadors from kettering shows alans explorer suspend towing one of them and me steering the other on a straight bar behind dads chain drive scammell i was only 16 at the time so thats 1987 still got matador now and bought the other one that they were still using in the yard last year it still runs and drives but is a complete wreck but has loads of local history talking to original driver from np timber he has lots of photos of the pair of them working 1970s 80s

Hi and welcome.

Lovely collection you have got, would you by any chance post some pictures of it, specialy the Amazon and the Pioneer/R100

Cheers Niels

Will try to get photos this weekend scammell r100 needs total rebuild .there are two scammell amazons in the yard one lwb wrecker with dominator 30 recovery gear owned by dave stretton and a tractor unit from sellafield nuclear plant owned by my brother

Hi and welcome.

Lovely collection you have got, would you by any chance post some pictures of it, specialy the Amazon and the Pioneer/R100

Cheers Niels

I think you are looking for thornycroft amazons not scammell amazons but will get picture of R100 anyway