Dunkirk little ship destroyed by vandals arson

LeeEnfield

A 30ft wooden boat, name of 'Cresta', built 1936,was destroyed by arsonist vandals whilst at her moorings, in arundel.

www.sussexexpress.co.uk/worthing-news/Worthing-mans-Dunkirk-boat-destroyed.4842912.jp

I dunno,.........words fail me...:argh:

don't seem to be able to find 'Cresta', on my list of Dunkirk little ships, though.......

Andy

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Its not on the list,it says believed to be,makes a better story.Shame though,there are a lot of little boats that worked for the admiralty and did a lot more than the dunkirk ships very little is known about them and they are shunned by the Dunkirk society.I will show you one tomorrow and tell you all about it.It belongs to our little group.cw.

If anyone wants a ride on a Dunkirk ship just go to Scarborough. The Coronia which operates pleasure rides out of there carries a plaque recording its part. Went on it load of times as a kid and only in later years recognised its significance.

Just as a matter of interest, looked up this name on my list,(E.Keble Chatterton, The Epic Of Dunkirk, 1941) and its not listed, either, although in his defence he does state that the list does'nt include ships belonging to either merchant navy or life boats.

He also states that it may never be known of ALL boats that took part, which I guess is most probably correct, esp those who were crewed by their own owners, and maybe's never came home.