Lightweight Exhaust

Mark

Hi

Just had a look this morning at the exhaust where it joins the manifold, should there be a gap of about 1/4" or should it be up tight, I notice there seems to be an inner "pipe" like a locating piece ???

Any ideas please.

They probably are by now, Mark..............mechanics nightmare, broken stud rusted into manifold :shake:.

Sorry, to answer your question, they are threaded into the manifold

I know what you mean, never mind it will be my nightmare and my sweat and then I will wake up. ?

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

The other two will probably snap if you try to undo them,it could spring out of shape when you take it off.You will have devils own job to drill out broken studs,throw it over the hedge and get a new one,use brass nuts,they will keep coming undone but you can tighten them up,if you use steel nuts you will do it all again in a couple of years.Richards right nightmare.You may find if its the original there isnt a gasket between the head and manifold,You will need a gasket between inlet and ex manifold,it needs to be geuine,all the replacement ones i have seen are u/s.

These jobs you are finding are all the ones people cant be bothered to do,thats why they sell them.

A few more you will find,oil in handbrake.Hub seals.Swivel seals,top swivel pins excess play.When you have done those find you some more,And never be tempted to call it a LANDY.

Nearly forgot theres the mystery running out of fuel at the carb after using the change over tap.Thats a good one its a corker.cw.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
B....y pessimist:-D

Best he knows now,so he can have trouble free days:-Dthink how long it took us to find these things out:sweat: