Moon take a look.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Its 30.000 miles closer tonight,you may not live long enough to see it again,Have a look,pictures from all parts of the country would be nice.:-D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt say it looked closer i said it was closer.No joke tomorrow will be at its closest.

wheres your picture.?Closest since March 8 1993,not to be seen again till Nov 14 2016.

How do i know this ,i have a Celestron Nextstar electronic Telescope,it has all this imfo in it,i am tracking it now,look mum no hands.Just another one of my many and diverse interests:rofl:Tomorrow 9.48pm it will be less than 222.000 miles away.

fullmoon.jpg

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Sorry, my 250,000 mile steel rule is actually only in metric

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Thats interesting the miles are imperial and the little bits are metric so you lied.:-D

Thats the general idea mate ,if its clear tomorrow i will try and get some pics thro the telescope,the problem is vibration from the buses etc,you dont notice it till you look thro a scope at high magnification plus tracking it as well.Its not just that its at its closest its a full moon as well.cw.

Full moon? So how much does it take to fill it?

To answer that i would recomend you read Larousse pocket guide asronomy:n00b::-D

Also been watching Venus and Jupiter for the last week or so. Wish I still had access to the telescope at South Tyneside College. I knew the astronomer/lecturer who worked there until she retired. That was large enough to clearly see the 'big four' around Jupiter.

Steve

Never had the oppertunity mate,Trouble is mostly cloudy here.or i am rocking about on the boat, i am collecting lenses etc ready for retirement.:-D

:cool2:Well done Jack,i like the tastefully arranged twig ,just to give it a bit of perspective,is that dust on the lense or are they planets,thats london /dorset any more.:cool2:

I wish I could join in, but I sent my Digi SLR away for a service. It's recently clocked 32,500 images taken since I got it in May 2006. I guess the Moon won't have got too far away by the time I get it back!

Thats a huge amount of images,just imagine that in 35mm film,i wish it had been about on my africa trip.Come a long way from the old Zenit E and spotmatic.:shocked: