EspressoDude's Projects

Espressodude

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a few days whittling in the woodshop, making some oak boxes for the bed. Not final detailed yet, but here are a few pics of work in progress.

DSCN0037.JPG

DSCN0038.JPG

DSCN0039.JPG

sorry about the size, I did resize them to 600 x 800, but must have uploaded the wrong ones. The hosting site is a pain to use, so here they are....

• 2 weeks later...

More details from the underground bunker...aka Bat Cave:

It's been a holiday in the shop, lots accomplished

MODEL0124.JPG

Engine cover/hood skirts, or are they bonnet ruffles in U.K.?

The louvers are a lot of fiddling to make,...grrrrr...

MODEL0119.JPG

Front Roller Fairlead

MODEL0120.JPG

Rear Roller Fairleads

MODEL0123.JPG

Boom and Upper Winch with r/c Servo motor

Still some details left like the rear diffo cover, rear bumper, and pintle hitches to fabricate, then maybe some camo paint on the cab.

Engine block is underway..probably a Rolls/Meadows/Cummins/Cat crossbreed once the manifolds and accessories get on it.

Oh, no...I would not paint the metal or the already varnished wood.... It's almost a crime to paint brass.

The only paint would be on the ABS parts that are now painted semi-flat black. The ABS plastic is black to start with.. Except for the fuel tank and driver's side track bin, the rest of the body lifts off and is easy to paint, at least until the windshield gets glued in place.

I don't know about real full sized vehicles, but the main winch can lift the rear of the Explorer or a 2 pound hammer. That "cable" is fly-fishing line with a lot of stretch and the winch is geared real low, so I ran out of patience before the winch stalled. :coffee:

Winch servo motor is rated 44 inch-oz torque, worm geared about 30:1 driving a 1/2" winch spool inner dia. Something like 5000 ounces pull:readbook:(theoretical zero friction).

...Where is that mini:help: in the ditch?? .....

Makes sense - a model is a model and should be admired for the work involved - it would be a shame to cover up the wood and brass. As for the cab, someone will be along to tell you about Deep Bronze Green or something similar...will you be adding the mud guards?

Best regards,

MB

With or without the Saracen???? :rofl:

Now that would be a challenge. You've let yourself in for seven kinds of hades with this one, Dude. Now we want you to build a fleet of Brit MVs. You'll be the talk of the town. They will assume you are mad. You are in good company.

MB

I want to do the front mud guards, but have to make new front spindle assemblies. I used Tamiya model hubs for those and they do not have any place to attach the mud guard/fender brackets.

Next projects will likely be finishing my second .50 cal M2HB model, and some upgrades on the 37mm spud-gun. When I made the first M2HB, I made some parts for a second one. The 37mm needs it's gas supply reworked from manual to solenoid control for better gas mixing.

• 2 weeks later...

Been kinda quiet these last few days in "The BatCave, aka Bruce's Bunker" (sign over workshop door)

Have the mixed breed 6 cylinder diesel engine in place. Not as much fun to guess what kind it is as Catweasel's Paris Hilton Headgasket.....

MODEL0128.JPG

MODEL0129.JPG

Also a couple days making new spindle hubs for the front axle with mounting holes(M2 thread) for the mud guard supports. Two bolts partially inserted..

MODEL0127.JPG

Also notice the pintle hitch on the front bumper; matching hitch on the back. NEW: the headlights tucked into the bumper......the tires rubbed on the back of them at full articulation and steer.

Mudguards and supports next..