Fuel price - 90p in Dorchester

Jack

Fuel is coming down pretty rapidly - 90p/l in Dorchester last night :cool2: perhaps we will see more mvs back on the road again?!

When we went up to Route to Victory we were paying £1.09/l and then £1.20 when we went to Bovington (last time the GMC was working :cry:)

.....how far is this going to drop?!!:??? :-D

As far as the cheaper supermarkets that do fuel can make it, is my bet. Was it Asda who dropped their price the other day? Anyhow, everyone else, with a couple of exceptions round here, have dropped their prices. I filled my car up for a shade over 50 quid - first time I've been able to do that in bloody ages! :D

And how do they justify diesel at 14p per litre dearer than petrol?

Well...according to the drivel I heard on the wireless this morning that is because there are limited manufacturing and storage facilities for diesel (in comparison to petrol) & therefore , there being limited stocks the price is higher .

if I remember, 10-15 years ago, there were more petrol cars on the road, so diesel was cheaper, now I think that as there are more people using diesel cars, the price is dearer, supply and demand, after all, petrol is more expensive to produce than diesel (so they say) so diesel should be cheaper than petrol

Mark

I see in the News today (Sunday 23rd Nov) that VAT might be reduced. This will make fuel cheaper still.

Reading between the lines, it might mean they are sweet talking the public into an Election soon? Sorry, Politics, better shut-up now.

Still, cheaper petrol means I can get both my vehicles out, instead of just one.