Greetings from the US Midwest

Greetings from Florissant, Missouri, USA.

I'm Rich MacKinnon, and for those who belong to the MVPA, I'm the owner of "Sgt Major Fatlad", Humper Pig MkII Squirt, that is featured in the Jan 2006 issue of ARMY MOTORS.

I'm in the process of phase 2 of my work- I did some painting last summer, and will have to do some repainting later. My goal this spring and summer is to get him running.

Luckily, after publishing the article- I've attracted all sorts of new friends- including a Ferret Owner in the St. Louis area, Terry Johns (lives close to me- he owns a Daimler Dingo, a T-16 aka"Bren Gun Carrier", and a Humber Armoured Car that was in Canadian service in WWII) And a

wonderful bunch of nutters and new friends around the world!

Glad to be on board!

Rich Doc" MacKinnon

I was on eBay last March, and found a Ferret Mk1/1 that was close by. I bid on it, and kept trying to go take a look at it. But some poor soul beat me by $100.00 USD, and got it...much to his dismay it required major overhaul in the bevel boxes, fuel tank and transmission...

However, the seller also had this poor, lonely Pig. I looked at it, ran the hull number thru Bovington...and when I found out it wasn't just a Pig with a "water cannon" ...but one of 20 (+/-) remaining out of 36 MkII Squirts,

I bid on it..and got it.

I have both water tanks, racks, 4 of the 5 steel straps, and the hose fittings and main hose & floor pipe. I do not have the Godiva pump, or the Concentrate tank, or the nozzle. But I also have the EARP barrels, and am refinishing them. I'm going to mount 26.5mm flare guns, to fire blank cartridges- using chamber sleeves and 12 gauge blanks.

My goal is to restore it to a functioning vehicle- as it would have been in Northern Ireland. Not a pretty, "parade" vehicle- but one with purpose- Sanctuary in a Hostile World! I am also an associate Membet of the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association, and am collecting info on Pigs and on The Troubles, as most Americans still romanticize the IRA.

This vehicle will present a rolling history of The Troubles and the sacrifices of the 957 HM services personnel killed from 1968-2000.

According to NIVA, I am Certified NUTTERS!