youngguns explorer blog

younggun

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh bernard ! i took your advice !

and it was a nice day to go for a drive evan tho it was a little dark by the time i had finished showing off at the local MC donalds :-D

Peeing down here today, no fun going out, missed my chance....

Looking forward to more vids from Floyd Filmworks..:thumbsup:

Great stuff:thumbsup: Just what i need a bit more insparation. Can't wait to get mine on the road, i really need to get cracking now. Can't remember what it's like to drive it's been that long:(

just wondering had you pressed the cold start button when you started it up in the film? just it seemed a bit sluggish to crack up compared to mine:cool2: not that i have ever had to press the cold start button of course:rolleyes:

Have fun and keep the films coming:-D

glad it is inspirs u rob now get back to work :-D

no that was without cold start i normaly wind it over on the decompersor a few times but i didant do it that time .

the cold start button ontop of my pump confuess me . how the hell do u get it too stay in or do u have to have some one hold it it ?

nick

Ahhh....When you press it in there should be a dull click as the controll rack shoots to the end ( full fuel position) you are now ready to start.

The pump is always in the full power position with the engine stopped as there is no vacume to pull the pump back. Try pressing the button then pull the stop leaver back to see if the button pops up. if not make sure you have a bit of slack in your stop cable to alow the rack to travel further. This could also explane what i think is a lack of "go" from your engine. My pump was gummed up when i got mine so i removed the side plate and spanked the controll rack back and forth and gobed loads of diesel into each end. If you push the button with the plate removed you should see the rack move a bit further. you have to make sure the rack goes full travel of you will be down on power. These pumps are very easy to adjust and also to tweek to give more power but is any one thing is out of adjustment it can slow things right down. Oh make sure the throttle flap is full open and not beyond full open (starting to close again) The size of the throttle body on the manifold limits the overall tp speed. I'll try to get a film of my engine starting and running if it will help. Whats your max engine revs on the clock with no load?

Ahhh....When you press it in there should be a dull click as the controll rack shoots to the end ( full fuel position) you are now ready to start.

The pump is always in the full power position with the engine stopped as there is no vacume to pull the pump back. Try pressing the button then pull the stop leaver back to see if the button pops up. if not make sure you have a bit of slack in your stop cable to alow the rack to travel further. This could also explane what i think is a lack of "go" from your engine. My pump was gummed up when i got mine so i removed the side plate and spanked the controll rack back and forth and gobed loads of diesel into each end. If you push the button with the plate removed you should see the rack move a bit further. you have to make sure the rack goes full travel of you will be down on power. These pumps are very easy to adjust and also to tweek to give more power but is any one thing is out of adjustment it can slow things right down. Oh make sure the throttle flap is full open and not beyond full open (starting to close again) The size of the throttle body on the manifold limits the overall tp speed. I'll try to get a film of my engine starting and running if it will help. Whats your max engine revs on the clock with no load?

thanks rob i will have to investegat this pump further i have had the side plate off before and eveything is free moveing in there so it might be the stop when i push the button with engine stopp ed it just pops back up

mine only starts like this in cold weather normaly it starts fine but a vid or some pics would help alot rob thanks

Edited by younggun

• 1 month later...
Hi Nick and Bernard ! There are a few Explorer pics from last years W+P ! Floyd has Forcefull on the trailer in one ! Only small pics so must try harder next year !:-D

dont think i didant see u correct that name mr fowler :-D yes i am goin to try much harder THIS YEAR just need to find something bigger to tow around anyone out there got something big they want to lend me :-D

p.s thanks for the email about the light lenses :angel:

Edited by younggun

So you will be busy with the green paint soon then will you:-) Have you sorted the leaky rear hub seal yet i was hoping for lots of useful information and pictures so i can have a go at mine:red:

yes trailer will be goin back to deep bronze green in the next two weeks the paint arived today come to think of it , just got a few more bits to take off it first

ahh hub seal well i am getting to that aahhhhhhhhhhh :blush:

What's the plan for the trailer Nick, are you putting a box on it?

yes mate plan is for a small coms body on the back i have been sneeking around withams latly trying to find a nice one . i cant be doin with this tent buisness at my age :-D i want to do a few more miles this year with him

Edited by younggun

yes mate plan is for a small coms body on the back i have been sneeking around withams latly trying to find a nice one . i cant be doin with this tent bissniess at my age :-D i want to do a few more miles this year with him

I used to run around with A Rubery Owen 2Ton Drop side with a box on it. They are very unstable with a high load. They rock on the cross pivot on the front Turntable. I had to weld box under the ends of the stops to reduce the travel to about 10-15mm and this made it much more stable. Don't commit to a long journey with the box on until you have been for a short run to see how stable the trailer is and how much the body rolls.

Mike