Great Uncle Ron's wartime Photos !

AndyFowler

:) What Brilliant pic's,............very many thanks for sharing them with us, Andy.

2nd pic down, looks to me like a stuka................although I could well be wrong..........

Great pic of the Bedford OX. :-D:-D

Oh, and 6th pic down, the train and tank;........what a great caption pic, what one would make.......

All the best,

Andy

I don't think you have seen them before as I have scanned them from my Great Uncles photo album and it is unlikely they have been put on the net by him ! Of course someone else may have photographed them at the time they where passing ! It would be nice to see them if you can find them !

Did the British ever share or sell photos on any scale, in the same way that the Germans seemed to, for instance after the fall of France ? It seems to have been common practice at that time to buy a pack of souvenir photographic reproductions.

I bought a fairly unremarkable period photo that appears genuine of wreckage at De Panne and was surprised to find the identical shot in a French book.