Right Hand Drive Dodge

Mark

OK All

For all you clever people out there in big American vehicles (I only have a small one :oops: , have you ever seen a right hand drive dodge, if you have not then look at the picture below.

RHDodge.jpg

I do believe that the steering wheel is on our side and it is an American driving it during Operation Cobra, this is part of the first motorized column over the River Vire in France.

THOUGHTS?

I have blown the picture up to try and have a good look, but

1. it looks like it's been lifted from a newspaper and

2. it looks like the censor has obliterated all markings,

so I cannot say either way.

Are you absolutely certain the picture wasn't printed back to front?

Maybe I am wrong, but in the absence of any evidence that these vehicles did exist in RHD versions, I'd posit that it is simply that the pic is back to front.

Looking again at the man standing on the running board of the lead vehicle (RHS as we look at it). Look at which way his jacket is buttoned: it looks to me from this that his jacket is done up the right way, which suggests that the pic isn't back to front, but maybe someone with a matching jacket can confirm they don't button up like a big girl's blouse?

Pass

As Tony says the picture is printed the wrong way round,look which side the spare wheel is mounted etc.

There were RHD Dodge's such as the D15 and D60.

Matt.

Mark,

You might have gotten away with it, but for the fact that both Dodges in the photo are RHD. And you can clearly make out that the soldiers in the picture have their chewing tobacco in their left cheeks. Now that's all a bit too much to swallow.

Nice pic, but.

Interesting that there are no bridge weight signs on the vehicles. Do we go too far on our restorations of working vehicles ??

Jack

You can fool some of the people all of the time, etc

There were RH drive Dodge weapons carriers but only in the early 10cwt

version, they were Canadian built but the later 15cwt version although slightly different to the American version was only LHD.

Cheers

Degsy