Hello Everybody

Digger

:tup::Hello out there.

I'm new and just wanted to say hi and thanks for the kind welcome.

I hail from NZ originally but now based in Blighty.

You lot seem like just the lads to sort out an old story (possibly urban legend) that I heard 10 years back.

An elderly farm hand on the estate I was working on described the mass clearances of MOD vehicles that took place post WW2. He described his dad buying a lorry at auction complete with two boxes on the back (thrown in with the truck) which turned out to be new Harley Davidsons!

He then went on to explain that when the M.O.D had saturated the local market for vehicles, they dug vast parking bays in the local sand dunes and buried the remainder.

How would I go about tracking down info on these dump sites?

All help gratefully recieved .

Digger.

I think we're all waiting for the day one of these "buried vehicle" stories turns up trumps. I just hope I'm there with my camera - but knowing my luck it will be some other cove. The crated motorbikes story is not so mythical, as proven here by snowtracdave. I suppose I was born ten or fifteen years too late. But hey, we're all here and HMVF is a happy place.

Welcome to the Friendly Forum.