Where's this water coming from?

Val

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyRxjPBe0Xk

It's oily water.

Went to work on the Saracen today, needed to replace the hydraulic brake lines and fill up with ISO10. We started it and water started spilling out from the seams of the plates, when you revved the engine it'd come out more. We unbolted the small panel in front of the driver seat over the fluid coupling? and water started gushing out. What is it? Have we burst something?

On another note, gonna have to charge the ruddy accumulators again. Bane of my life they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyRxjPBe0Xk

It's oily water.

Went to work on the Saracen today, needed to replace the hydraulic brake lines and fill up with ISO10. We started it and water started spilling out from the seams of the plates, when you revved the engine it'd come out more. We unbolted the small panel in front of the driver seat over the fluid coupling? and water started gushing out. What is it? Have we burst something?

I have a feeling you might have a leak from the fluid flywheel, the oil is ISO10 and looks like water, if the seal has gone, it comes out as an atomised spray. Would it be possible that you have left the gearbox in gear whilst stationary with engine running? Seen this before, it overheats the oil and burns the seal out. Could just be a leaking filler plug of course.

It's never left in gear, learnt that from the days before I had working brakes, trying to stop a rolling saracen isn't easy lol

OK, but if this mist of oil is coming from the flywheel housing then it is a leaking flywheel, unless there is lot of water laying in the hull and it is being whipped up when engine is running. Best check flywheel oil level, should be up to filler plug hole........don't drop the plug inside! :shake:

It's not mist, it's huge amount of oily water. I thought that about the hull water but then thought against it as I thought it'd be unlikely that there'd be that much water on level ground or that the water could get to the coupling. I'll take him for a leak when I have the accumulators charged.

Thanks Richard.

We took Fred for a leak today and after 15 odd minutes to get all the water out. Has it been raining that much??? Anyways, all seems fine now, panic over :)

Another question though, on the video clip, just after we start the engine there is a deep vrooooom noise that sounds like it's a starter motor or something, that doesn't sound right does it?