Victory show cancelled

Hi all,

Just spotted this on the Re-enacators forum. For those that are going please check before setting off.

Paul

http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45918

Update from web site

"yup had this confirmed from Dave also

He has said its ok to post his number here if there are any big issues but dont hassle the chap unless you really need to

Dave Pratt 07866 841134

reason for cancelleation is that its impossible for normal vehicles to get on and off site and its likely to get worse !"

Edited by BIGREDONE

Notice from their website:

As of this morning 5th September the event location has suffered extensive flooding. With continued heavy rain forecasted for the rest of the weekend, we have been forced to cancel this year’s event.

This extremely difficult decision was taken following discussions between the organisers, exhibitors, police and other safety services. It was based on concerns for the visitors and the disappointing conclusion was that we could not fully safeguard them or provide an event in these conditions deemed worthwile for them to visit.

Despite a huge effort by everyone involved to improve the conditions of the waterlogged public car parks and ground display sites, it became clear that significant areas of the fields and of the battleground were unusable.

Our sincere apologies goes out to everyone concerned and to you the general public that was looking forward to a special weekend. We would like to thank everyone concerned that has helped organise and has supported us this year.

HOWEVER

Saturday night’s Dinner Dance is STILL going ahead! For those people who have purchased tickets! People who turn up for the Saturday Dinner Dance without a pre-paid ticket will unfortunately be turned away.

I was there - just got back. What a real shame for everyone.

I big decision for the organisers to make but it was the correct one.It took me over 4 hours to get there and when arrived the sit was empty :( Many many thanks to everyone who called, emailed and texted me - very thoughtful and very much appreciated. HMVF at its best.

I picked up a message from Bodge when I pulled into the services but had to get there as I had to deliver small wall tents to Normandy 44 guys who had travelled from Scotland who were intending om setting up 11 small wall tents and 8 pyramidals, 3 tanks and god knows how many halftracks. I really felt for them but they were making the best of it......by the looks and sounds of it!

I had a debrief with Keith 'RtV' Brigstock in his steamed up car - they had four 25 pounders goings but had to turn 3 of them back. It looks a lovely show ground and again really sad for everyone as this summer has been bad enough.

Me and the boys left london at 4am friday morning and arrived on site about 8am, we had just finished setting up our tent when we were told the show was cancelled=gutted!!!.

We stayed the weekend though as we had dance tickets for the saturday night.

The site was completeley waterlogged and the organisers made the right decision.

Some photos

SNV31620.jpg?t=1221004933

SNV31623.jpg?t=1221004969

th_SNV31622.jpg