The remarkable carlos codina

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of my models of the heavies

1. the BW models Explorer in markings of 51 MT company, the cable is hanging loose while i decide what to dangle from it not the easiest of kits to complete but nice when finished.

2. Leyland Drops with sultan on the back, the truck is a multi media Kit from CMSC and the load a resin model from the Cromwell range.

3. I like heavy loads on my transporters as seen here on the Academy M26 a very nice and reasonably easy kit to complete, the landing craft is the old faithful from Airfix.

4.Anoter BW kit the Antar MK3A this kit is very heavy for a 1/76 scale model so i reinforced the axles to take the strain.

5. A Wespe resin kit of the Mack NO tractor, i made mine as a post war Royal Engineers truck in the late 1960s. the other photo of this with trailer and load failed so will have to have another go at it.

6. By now you will have gathered my fondness of big loads heres another on the Diamond T from Matchbox now issued by Revell the load is a armageddon model

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

hmvf3.jpg

hmvf4.jpg

hmvf5.jpg

hmvf6.jpg

hmvf7.jpg

hmvf8.jpg

You've got a lot more patience than me Les, but I like your attention for detail, like the bonnet sides ready to be run over! :-D

I see you have complete doors on your cab, mine have the door/quaterlight bit missing, maybe my complimentary one was a second,. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Just for interest i also go down in scale as well as up when making models, for many years now i have been collecting models in the smaller 1/87 scale made by ROCO in Austria. I first saw these in a model shop in Orpington in the early 1970s and was hooked immediatly and spent all my tea mony that day. The early models although good for the time have over the years been improved to the point of perfection with the coming of computer generated machinery the detail on something so small has to be seen to be believed sadly the firm has had some hard times of late andsold the range on to another firm who have released a limited range only at the moment. I know a lot of people collect various models from the range but very few do anything with them as they come complete with sprues of additional add ons which is a shame as they are excellent when painted. Quite a number of modellers on the continent do just this where they are more popular as it is the regonised scale there and some have told me i am one of the few in the UK that makes the effort to enhance them and as the collection i have is still large i will continue to do so. Here are a few of my finished models from the past years

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

hmvf3.jpg

hmvf4.jpg

hmvf5.jpg

hmvf6.jpg

Just Noticed i am now a staff sergeant best put in for a pay rise then, Andy to anwser your question i have a couple of cabinets indoors but most are in the workshop (my garage converted) where i have some more cabinets and 8 draw filing cabinets where models are in boxes and trays i took a photo in there at one time when i find it i will post it there are also hundreds of unmade kits etc stacked around the walls not all i make is in my collection as i work on commisions on all sorts of model transport and am currently constructing a 1/76 scale fairground diorama depicting a pull on with quite a number of vehicles involved and recently sold a few military models to a collecter who pestered the life out of me for some armoured cars that took his fancy, not being able to work these days i find it helps to keep the greedy b-----s away from the door

cheers

Les

• 4 weeks later...

That looks good Richard, i did not get to the show this year so hopefully Bob took a number of photos. Andy in answer to your, mine are all in civilian livery, well i also get involved in this and as a lot of 1 to 1 photos in the forum are ex military in civvy uniforms i see no reason why we cant put up photos of the same. Here are some 1/76 scale modded BW AEC militants and a 1/48 Scale Harts white metal/resin pioneer

cheers

Les

hmvf3.jpg

hmvf4.jpg

hmvf5.jpg

Having stated before my enthusiasm for the PBR, I deemed it only fitting that I try it for my first R/C boat, so I'll brag my pictures here if you don't mind :-D

100_0092.jpg

pbredit3-1.jpg

100_0096.jpg

Then I got all keen and decided that now I knew what I was doing, I'd design my own modern warship (on a hull I'd been given).

Strictly speaking she's a patrol vessel with a twin water cooled electric motors, lights and water pump.

tempest5.jpg

tempest2.jpg

tempest3.jpg

Made on a sort of budget,

so the front bofors gun is a Pledge spray top with a superglue cap,

the venting at the back is a plastic ventilation house brick,

the spreaders are carrier bag hangers,

the radome is a fibreglass moulding of a compass cover

the SAM tubes are pipe fittings

and the fairleads are small curtain sliders (amongst a whole host of other tat that looked useful)

Oh yes her LOA is 4ft :sweat::-D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...