For the mods

Metroman

Question

9 answers to this question

Because the New Posts button only shows you new posts that you have not read. vBulletin figures that you have read the thread you just created so it does not show it to you.

When you click on "Quick Links" and select Todays Post it will show up there because that shows all posts made today.

Just a thought, but with so many pictures being uploaded through Photobucket and the like, what happens if those sites shut down or decide to change something?

Are the images backed up on HMVF or just the links to the photo sites?

Photos that are posted as attachments are backed up, photos from hosting sites are not, only the links are backed up.. I think the larger photo hosts should be OK, the main problem is when people start moving their photos into different files in these accounts as the link then changes...

Thanks Lee, so what method do you prefer, after the crash?

I thought the link method helped with band width/costs and such.

That's correct using a photo host does save on costs/bandwidth, most of the time I use Photo-bucket, but until Jack/Joris say otherwise I'm not aware if they have any preference ....

Thanks Lee, so what method do you prefer, after the crash?

I thought the link method helped with band width/costs and such.

Good question and not one with a good answer because:

1. if we use photobucket for example and it does change/crash etc etc then we would lose them

2. but if we just use the 'attachments' method then non members/folks not logged in wouldn't be able to see them which would be a real waste

I personally back HMVF up at 17:30 everyday so we never have a repeat of before so the attachments are safe but the links wouldn't be.

If that makes sense?!

Everything I post has originated on my PC so I have copies so to speak, in which case they could be reposted, in time :shake:

The reason I brought this up is that I had website about Scammell Explorers, some glitch occurred which meant I had been unable to access it to up date it for some time, now the host (Orange) have changed their format and it has disappeared, no great loss as HMVF will soon take over at the top of Google searches! :-D:-D:-D