MK1 Humber Pig

FASTTRAX

I think if I remember rightly when the lever points to the left then the right hand tank is being used and obviously then the left hand tank is used when the lever points to the right ! It is rather confusing and only normally sticks in my mind when I see one tank emptying on a run ! :-D

Andy, three words, 'felt tip pen'

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively, only have one tank, the other tank removed a long time ago, with no sign of it remaining, and the tap lever pulled off, then disconnect the fuel guage wiring, making you have a paranoid peek in the tank each time before you get in the vehicle.

Oh yeh and carry a couple of jerrycans for when you go some distance.......job done! (Welcome to my Pig driving experience!!:-D)

hey thanks for the info clive , was very interesting to read , wrote it all down & gave the info to my boss .........browny points ....nearly xmas ! . i do have a couple of pics but not sure on how to get them on here ? . my boss had a fair collection of british armour , from a chieftan , cent' arv , abbotts , ferrets , strikers , 434's & 2 's so i;ve been quite lucky really . the collection was sold off recently to marcus glenn, but the pig is staying ! . i myself have a well known type of ww2 american truck.....keeping head down ..... so this has been an interesting time . sure beats working on trucks & forklifts !!