Royal Signals Museum and Tarrant Rushton

On hols in Dorset and popped into the Royal Signals Museum to have a look around. Loads of stuff there, but the Jeep annoyed me. They couldn't get the canvas to stretch onto all the studs on the screen........the reason being is the screen is trapping the screen clamps against the dash fairing! Are they just a bit too slow to figure out how to put the screen up properly?? Also, something else that caught my eye was the star on the hood pointed forwards. I thought they always pointed back on Jeeps during wartime???

roy_sig1.jpg

roy_sig2.jpg

roy_sig3.jpg

roy_sig4.jpg

Steve - just thinking and about where you are staying...

I am sure Ashley may know more but not far from you a B17 crashed near the Bakers Arms pub. It crashed in farmland.

Within day the US had sent down the ground crew fixed up the B17. The enginners then turned up with their equipment and bulldozed the hedges out, filled in the ditches and turned two fields into a temp runway and enough for the B17 to take off and get back to its base in Suffolk...........!

Amazing stuff.

Here's the others from RS Museum. I'd like to know what the aircraft logo means on the fuel tank of the motor cycle.

Thanks for posting those pictures. The insignia is Air Formation Signals. (Not sure without looking which one though).

Did the Signals museum have anything on WW1? Wasn't sure if they'd have anything or not, as during WW1 the Signals were part of the Royal Engineers (the Royal Flying Corps started life as the Aviation Battalion in the RE too, pre-WW1)

Steve - sorry the weather has been so bad for you but hopefullyy we can fire the BBQ up tomorrow as it forecasted to 'not raining' so we are going to have to grab the moment whilst we can!

Make sure Lynn is driving :beer: