WC-51 Starter and Oil

P Marriott

Starter is now U/S and the front end drive assembly is beyond help, does anyone know who may have a complete starter drive assembly NOS. My rebiuld guy is unable to get parts for these anymore. Typical having recommended several people to him when I need him he's out of bits!!!

Anyone out there got a NOS complete starter for sale if so what price???

Managed to break the oil line from the filter to the block so have had to order a new one from Jeep Parts along with a new oil filter. Does anyone have any reccomendation son what oil to use as I may as well change it!!!

Cheers

Paul

I use Valvoline 20/50 in mine. I've run her a all over with full loads and never had a problem. The important thing is regular changes. What has actually gone down on the starter and is it 12 or 6 volt? There are some places in the US if only small bits are needed.

Hi there, running a 6 volt starter on a 12 volt system and for whatever reason the bendix drive gear and pinion has failed. At the least I need a complete drive assembly or NOS starter.

Have just spoken to John at Midwest Military in Minnesota and apparently he sold Wildenberg a load a while ago. Midwest have NOS 6 volt starters but shipping may be prohibitive. Better give them a call tommorrow!!

Will give Dallas Autos a call tomorrow as well.