What is it.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Sorry Jack i know you didnt want speedboats on here ,but this one is military:rofl:but at least its not orange Joris.

fortnelson031.jpg

Unlike this one which is.

orangespeedboat.jpg

A cracking jet shelter rib,trialled by the navy for fast responce in heavy weather.Evaluated in the carrabian where they are currently involved in the drug prevention business.As was Prince William recently.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Hispano-Suiza? (Long shot I know!)

No Rick ,British WW2.It looks a little different today,but not a lot.:-D

Fed up with waiting now,cant believe thats all the guesses.

fortnelson043.jpg

fortnelson030.jpg

Now isnt that interesting.yes John your right it is,

After my guess and your answer I was sure someone would suggest a remote control target, can't assume anything on here:???

Your right mate should of called it FUNNY WEATHER,or MY CAR BROKE DOWN,like bees to honey.anyway are you having funny weather.

Your right mate should of called it FUNNY WEATHER,or MY CAR BROKE DOWN,like bees to honey.anyway are you having funny weather.

No not funny at all, it just keeps p-----g down all the time, finally managed to shear the sheep last weekend between showers, they should have been done 6 weeks ago and we still have nearly 20 acres of haylage to make. Complete pain in the ass, forecast says no hope of it settling at all until 18th Aug and then still showery:argh::argh::argh:

No not funny at all, it just keeps p-----g down all the time, finally managed to shear the sheep last weekend between showers, they should have been done 6 weeks ago and we still have nearly 20 acres of haylage to make. Complete pain in the ass, forecast says no hope of it settling at all until 18th Aug and then still showery:argh::argh::argh:

Thats why in days gone by the welch and there sheep went to South America.:-D

Cw did this craft tow a target , if not and it was the target itself how did it avoid damage ? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I would like to know ! :-D

Andy it was the target,but seldom got hit at 20 knts,remote controlled.Thats what you call a toy boat.not a lot of room on clapham common.

So if I was to attack the gun emplacement at say twenty five knots I'd be save as houses ! Thanks for the reply mate and the thread ! I would have replied earlier but had no idea what it was used for ! :-D

You would be in something bigger so the chance of being hit would be greater.but generally that was the gunboat theory small and fast harder to hit.

With 20 acres and this weather, you even have my sympathy. Anyone who did manage a cut is going to make a fortune this year. I've seen sweet all of anything being made round here.

With 20 acres and this weather, you even have my sympathy. Anyone who did manage a cut is going to make a fortune this year. I've seen sweet all of anything being made round here.

I wish,we've got about 850 bales of hay and 65 haylage big bales so far but it remains to be seen what the price will be and of course the surplus we have for sale will depend on whether we can harvest the remaining crop.

I was told a story by an old farmer in Jersey. During the summer of 1944 they had similar weather. He had no chioce either cut hay or have nothing for the few cows he was able to keep. No cake or hay could be imported because of the Allies holding Normandy. He told me he and his wife and friends cut the stuff by hand, no machinery or fuel, and just stuffed it in the barn. The steam coming out the windows and doors was frighteneing. When he did start to get it out the stalks had litterally tied themslves into knots. Going to be an expensive winter for livestock owners.

Edited by Tony B