help & Info please.

Tony B

Especially Clive, :flowers: Have finaly had time to start on the SWB FFR. The engine turns, but because of lost dip stick has been over filled with oil so not going to try and start yet. Rear cross member shot, expected. Foot wells shot, expected, hydraulics shot, expected. Otherwise very original. Markings have been traced as the paint will all have to come off.

The info of the data plate is as follows Index 04 EL 89 Truck GS FFR 1/4 Ton 4x4 Rover 8. CES P/33584/4 Cont. No WV/2985

Code No 304653-01-990

Hope to have the vehicle showing next year. The vehicle has been off the road for about 15 years so will want to re-register with age related plate.

The only non original is at some stage she was converted to gas. That is coming OFF! Poor old girl looks very rough, I was out with the rust cure yesterday but she is a least now saved. The markings are original. Copied on to Mylar so they will be replaced.

ffr.jpg

My one was sat on the roadside with for sale on it,guy had been using it to tow his boat trailer. Unfortunatly it's had a side filling tank put in,badly and a few others odds. The bulkhead had been cut to allow the fitting of a later heater but I now have those parts thanks to one of the guys on the S2 club forum.

Do you know what the markings are? do you intend to fot the radios?

Matt.

Markings are apparently 5th Brigade Berlin, more research to be done. Radios would be Larkspur I think. We have the sets for it. I've got rather taken with it. There used to be a similar vehicle in Jersey , sign written for Benson & Hedges belonging to the Jersey horse racing club. Must try and find out what happned to it. Mind you that was 20+ years ago.

Tony all I can tell you is that the Asset Code No 304653-01-990 changed to 1625.0759 in 1967.

I nearly bought a similar Rover 8 about 25 years ago. It was retained by a garage for non payment of bills. My worry was that if I restored I might suddenly find the original owner would appear from nowhere & attempt to reclaim it. So I walked away.

I have some pics somewhere, external & under the bonnet. But don't think it was FFR though.

That Provisional CES has cropped up somewhere recently on a forum, not sure whether it was here of EMLRA.