Hotchkiss Tank MG Ammunition Box

Rlangham

Picked up this at the weekend, an ammunition box for the Hotchkiss MG's on Mk V and Whippet tanks - any idea of its rarity/value? Heard different estimates as to how much it's worth at the weekend, which vary from me being completely ripped off, or that I could sell it for the price of an SMLE!

Nice bit of equipment anyway, even if it's not worth much i'm happy to keep it, and in very very good nick considering it's got to be about 90 years old at the most

DSCF4005.jpg

DSCF4006.jpg

DSCF4007.jpg

Blimey - found a near identical one for sale on the WD Militaria website for £275! I've popped off a few e mails to militaria dealers to see if they're interested, also i'm open to any offers!

Just re-read my post in reply to Snapper, and thought it seemed a bit rude - if that's the case, it definitely wasn't meant to at all!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not - paying for my first instalment of rent on my new flat in Leeds! Although if by some miracle it reaches £500 i'll be banging on the door of the shop at 9pm tonight demanding they let me in because I want a 1918 SMLE to match my 1918 bayonet