Things turn up in France as well!

The 4 wheel drive chassis on the back appears to be a Nash Quad/ Jeffery Quad.

The complete truck appears to be an American B class Liberty truck. Choose your own American manufacturer; Selden, Pierce Arrow, etc as its a common set of plans.

Doug

Interesting you should say prices are rising, I was wondering wether current economics would have an effect on the hobby. What sort of price are these commanding and how much, roughly would it cost to restore? Would they be an investment, labour of love or both?

Does someone keep trying to nick the headlamp and then someone else putting it back?

That really made me laugh out loud. I had not noticed before, but every other photo has the lamp missing. It has created a great mental picture - "I said the lamp is not included in the sale!"

Tim (too)

That really made me laugh out loud. I had not noticed before, but every other photo has the lamp missing. It has created a great mental picture - "I said the lamp is not included in the sale!"

Tim (too)

Maybe they were arguing about where it should go, when everyone knows it should be on the scuttle. :-D

Surely a Nash Quad rather than a Jeffery - check out the 'curly' brackets at the front, where the radiator would sit.

QUOTE]

Well you have it. It is either a Jeffery or a Nash Quad. Nash Quads did all have the curly tow hook, but some Jefferys had it as well. I would say that it is impossible to be sure, but that it is probably a Nash Quad, although it could be a Jeffery.

Well done. See Jack for a Mars bar.

Tim (too)

Heavy Aviation, thought that was too easy,

Quite right again. I was just checking to see if anybody had been reading my previous postings. Would you have got it if it had not been for the previous topic?

As it was an easier question you only win a mini mars bar this time.

Tim (too)

Interesting you should say prices are rising, I was wondering wether current economics would have an effect on the hobby. What sort of price are these commanding and how much, roughly would it cost to restore? Would they be an investment, labour of love or both?

The prices are rising because some dealers have noticed that people are interested in these things and have over estimated their value. The first 4 trucks we found for sale in France were about £1,200 each. The next one we saw, unrestored but complete was more than 3 times the going rate for a restored International Half track, or about 8 times the going rate for a similar vehicle in the UK. The next one i saw was restored but incorrect was the same amount of money. I dont think they sold. Bargians can be had, if the seller wants you to have it, otherwise not a chance.

I heard an FWD just made a good price, but i dont know how much it was for. I will try and find out.

These things are not investments, unless you can find a mug who will pay you more than you spent on it. Apart from that, it is just a labour of love.

Tim (too)

Tim, Of course I only got the first because of the other thread, but a chassis just like the other laid in an unmade back lane in Eastbourne many years ago, someone had taken the wheel and hub off exposing an internal gear in the hub. The bearings and bits all laid along a plank under it for ages and no one touched them, England must have been more like France then!

So I thought I knew straight away had had kept that advert from an old book.

Tim, Of course I only got the first because of the other thread, but a chassis just like the other laid in an unmade back lane in Eastbourne many years ago, someone had taken the wheel and hub off exposing an internal gear in the hub. The bearings and bits all laid along a plank under it for ages and no one touched them, England must have been more like France then!

So I thought I knew straight away had had kept that advert from an old book.

Well done. It is quite distinctive once the wheels off. Umm, when you say many years ago, roughly how many years ago would that be? Might is till be there?

Tim (too)

• 6 months later...