Catweazle collared at haven st.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

IOWSteamRly113.jpg

IOWSteamRly111.jpg

He had just shot off the end when it came to an abrupt halt,grazed his knees,just like it used to happen,great re enactor.

IOWSteamRly110.jpg

This event i think will outgrow itself,it was a great day out,Fast cat from p/mouth.old northern line train to connect with steam train,corned beef hash what more could you want

This event i think will outgrow itself,it was a great day out,Fast cat from p/mouth.old northern line train to connect with steam train,corned beef hash what more could you want

Many years back, probably around 1990, a small group of us were invited over to the annual steam and vintage rally at Haven Street station, from recollection, the ferry was paid for by the organisers. We had a great time touring the island before the show. The chap who owns the Ford 21A staff car in the photos on the Show thread was amongst our group and I think it was its first showing after restoration. The only down point being that the whole lot of us came down with a stomach bug. Not good when you are in a tent..........hope they now have an electric light in the loo on the station platform :-D.

Looks like you enjoyed good weather.

Friday/sat windy but ok,sun wet till lunch but didnt seem to matter much.

Lively lady back after 2year round world trip ,36 disadvanteged kids got the chance to do a leg of the trip.She was in the shed with Horatia dozens of volunteers got her ready ,couldnt convince any to help me.

IOWSteamRly017.jpg

Built on a beach in India in 1947.

Many years back, probably around 1990, a small group of us were invited over to the annual steam and vintage rally at Haven Street station, from recollection, the ferry was paid for by the organisers. We had a great time touring the island before the show. The chap who owns the Ford 21A staff car in the photos on the Show thread was amongst our group and I think it was its first showing after restoration. The only down point being that the whole lot of us came down with a stomach bug. Not good when you are in a tent..........hope they now have an electric light in the loo on the station platform :-D.

Looks like you enjoyed good weather.

Thats not nice Richard, CW will now be worried in case the corned beef hash is delayed action,:-D

He gets about.........saw him at the 40's Weekend at steam railway at Tenterden in May.

Didnt the imps use that site pre Beltring days,i remember RRs painted the engine drab,steaming out and steaming home i think it was called,

Didnt the imps use that site pre Beltring days,i remember RRs painted the engine drab,steaming out and steaming home i think it was called,

Catweazle,

That is correct, the first IMPS show there was in 1983 ( I stand to be corrected ) and think they may have had four there before moving to Beltring. The first year, Peter Gray brought his M10 along a real novelty, a private owned tank, now you see so many at shows. Corporal Jones from Dad's Army was guest one year and I received my prize from him.

They had a steam crane and loaded vehicles on trucks and took them down the line...........those were the days..........were you there?

I was so was mark lucas but with the jeep and folding trailer not QL,i remember jones and the loading crane,happy days.

IOWSteamRly030.jpg

IOWSteamRly031.jpg

IOWSteamRly032.jpg

These books were put together by the Germans ready for the invasion,they were very comprehensive,made up from post card pics and any other sources they could find.More on video when i get round to it.Any one know more?

IOWSteamRly113.jpg

IOWSteamRly111.jpg

He had just shot off the end when it came to an abrupt halt,grazed his knees,just like it used to happen,great re enactor.

IOWSteamRly110.jpg

CW

Looks like the godfarther of chav, lock him up, or give him 6 hours CS

Edited by steve ryan

• 2 weeks later...
thank-ee sir. Never did get to see the cafe at the other end of the lie, as oi was to busy shovelin coal.

grasshopper

fireman