Jungle Bug

gritineye

This is one of the most fascinating MVs I have come across, talk about think outside the box! No doubt someone will come up with more info and a couple of pictures of it when finished, seen and snapped at Beltring 2007.

DSCF5401.jpg

DSCF5402.jpg

DSCF5403.jpg

DSCF5404.jpg

DSCF5405.jpg

DSCF5406.jpg

DSCF5408.jpg

Love the idea of the diff in the sump. Wonder if Izzegoni got the idea for the Mini from this?

Really neat, ain't it? And the pivoting rear spring hanger mount for articulation, carries four as well!

The claim Suzuki invented the 4-wheel ATV back in 1983 looks dodgy, too!

Nick, I can't find anything on the REME museum web site, or on the web any where, although I'm sure I've seen pics somewhere in the past, if anyone has found a site with any info could you post a link please?

Observers Fighting Vehicles Directory shows "Car Ultra Lightweight 4 x 2 (Standard)" but the 4x4 is only mentioned in passing in the text & no pic.

In my copy (1972 revised edition) it is the lead vehicle in the section.

Really neat, ain't it? And the pivoting rear spring hanger mount for articulation, carries four as well!

The claim Suzuki invented the 4-wheel ATV back in 1983 looks dodgy, too!

Nick, I can't find anything on the REME museum web site, or on the web any where, although I'm sure I've seen pics somewhere in the past, if anyone has found a site with any info could you post a link please?

Think there was a pic recently in CMV or Military machines of the bug now in REME

Strangely enough there is a pic in the photos from Beverley Snapper has posted today,it shows the same vehicle so presumably as it was at Horndean and the Harrier is also in Snappers pics these have ended up with Logistics at Bovi.

Strangely enough there is a pic in the photos from Beverley Snapper has posted today,it shows the same vehicle so presumably as it was at Horndean and the Harrier is also in Snappers pics these have ended up with Logistics at Bovi.

Degsy,

Think you will find the J Bug and Harrier were from the REME historic vehicle collection at Bordon

Richard

So what would be the price of these beauties if one or the other turned up for sale

or is it a case that they don't

Commander

I would say they don't, as they were only prototypes, the pic of the partly restored "bug" at W&P is interesting that there is another one. A friend years ago owned a Harrier so that must be still around somewhere, built by the Hunting Percival aircraft company, made of alluminium and powered by a bike engine

Edited by Nick Johns