Malta or Crete?

martylee

Should I bring my girlfriend to Malta or Crete? We of course want a romantic holiday, but also have room for some historic ww2 places as well. Perhaps a weird question to be asking on a forum such as this, but...

I'm afraid I'll regret asking this question... ;-)

Marty

Got to be Malta in my humble opinion. There's more history than you can shake a stick at and you won't find nicer people. Look out for the red MW tanker that is still in everyday commercial use.

From the man who seems to be there more than in UK at the moment. What do you know that we don't? Get a bigger car, some outward smuggling?

• 3 months later...

I'm about to dust off this old thread, because I have nothing better to do this evening. And also because we decided to go for Crete. (It was cheaper!) We're going there on th 5th of october. Of course I've done a little research on what to expect. Plenty of good food and t that good wine, but on May 20th 1941 the island was invaded by german paratroopers. I'm reading Anthony Beevers book on the Crete invasion right now. There's supposed to be a museum there. But it's sunny there...

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding Crete?

Marty

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Well, aren't you a funny one!!! :-)

While doing a little rsearch, I found this.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=144066

Marty

Along with canadian /scottish big fan of Malta,History/great people .Then again if its romance,you wouldnt have time for that in Malta,to many better things to do.Have a good trip.CW.

I remember reading recently about a private museum up in the hills in Crete - local guy who owned a taverna, but where? Might require some detective work...

Are you able to find out where you did read this? This is exactly the sort of things I was hoping for!

Marty