Scammell Pioneer Rolling Rebuild

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods please note Madrat's got a proper dedicated restoration viewing area in his barn, I understand seating will be provided as well.

We had to burn most of the seats to get the tatra in, there are a few priority seats for the older members wishing to view the restorations. After a recent 'incident' the dancing girls have been withdrawn until further notice.... :noyay:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Summat like this

I just love those guys up to their necks in the water :nut:

Very jealous of all that black smoke,:cool2:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
And some more smoke for CW!

Chuffing heck.convinced now my starboard engine doing more of the work .not that its likely i will be doing anything about it .Think the new props will sort it.cw.

• 6 months later...

Merry Christmas Guys!! I hope you are all well and getting more time on your toys than I've had for mine! :cry:

Things are well here and the house build is well underway, and we've started work on the shed which will be a permanent home to our collection of rust and dust.

I'm looking forward to getting back into things once we stopped the madrush to build the house.

Hope to see you all soon,

Dunc

Shed.jpg

Merry Christmas Guys!! I hope you are all well and getting more time on your toys than I've had for mine! :cry:

Things are well here and the house build is well underway, and we've started work on the shed which will be a permanent home to our collection of rust and dust.

I'm looking forward to getting back into things once we stopped the madrush to build the house.

Hope to see you all soon,

Dunc

Shed.jpg

thats a rearly gd idea madrat leaving the roof and doors off till after x mass . make it much easyer for santa to drop all your pressants off in there .

hope your well and merry christmass

nick

thats a rearly gd idea madrat leaving the roof and doors off till after x mass . make it much easyer for santa to drop all your pressants off in there .

hope your well and merry christmass

nick

Also stops the weight of snow bringing down the roof!, Not that that is gonna happen, looks a very professional job. Well done, and Happy Christmas.

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys!!

Just thought I'd drop a wee note in to say hello and keep you all updated. Not had much time for anything this year as we are in the midst of building a house so no time for trucks I'm afraid :cry: We've also had a small (8lb) addition to the family, both mini-madrat and mrs-madrat are doing well. Hope everyone is well, I'll be back before you know it!!

All the best,

Duncan

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks, Sensible-Rat here! The Scammell and the Stolly have now gone to new homes. The Scammell hasn't gone that far and the new owner is already a member on here so you should see its continued progress.

As a result I've now a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm looking to buy something before mrs madrat spends it. Anyone know of an Explorer or Militant mk3 for sale? Nothing too rough this time :D

it must pay to be sensible

Yeah, I got bored of that after 2 days so I bought a working stolly and a working 101 ambulance. The Sensible-Mad balance has once again been sorted out.

Hopefully get a video of the stolly playing on soon