Hello from Ayrshire!

Hi everyone,

I'm Duncan from east ayrshire, just come across the site whilst looking for Scammell information!

I've had a good numbers of vehicles in the last 10 years of my driving history, only MV's would be 101's of which I still have a pretty tidy GS.

I've just bought a basket case Scammell Pioneer from Newcastle so I shall be posing progress on the restoration as soon as I get it home. Any info on Pioneers would be gratefully received!!! :coffee:

Me and the girlfriend should be doing a few shows this year, hope to see you all soon!

Duncan

Scammell1.jpg

It's taking all my will power not to get straight up to Ayrshire with my little wire brush and get stuck in on those mudguards ! There's a Pioneer recovery, and Pioneer gun tractor, rotting away together on a farm not far from where I live that might be a useful source of spares but the owner won't even talk about selling them. If the situation changes I'll let you know. Service manuals for most Scammells are available on CD through the "The Scammell Register" but I expect you already knew that. Also, there's an interesting article about Pioneers in the latest newsletter. Do you have the excellent half hour long video/DVD which is a copy of a war-time training film featuring the Pioneer and it's related equipement ? Very much looking forward to seeing you post 'photos of your progress with the restoration on the forum. If you would like the 'phone number of a Pioneer expert fairly near to you let me know and I'll PM his contact details.

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. I've attached two pics of our 'scammell playground' 3000 acres of nothing at all, me and Jamie are outnumbered by sheep 600:1 :-D the guy who owns the land has a simple rule regarding land use:

"You can go anywhere you want - so long as I get a drive of the Scammell"

Sounds fair enough to me! Although If i get stuck I'm going to have a problem... I shall try and convince the girlfriend we need another scammell 'just in case'. She was looking on milweb last night and decided she would like to get a ferret! Are there any owners local to me? I have to encourage this behavior :cool2:

6x6 I'd love more details on the video/dvd you mention! Also if you would PM me the details of another owner local to me that would be great! I shall greet him with tape measure and pen+paper (Got a lot of fabrication to do) :shocked:

Regards,

Duncan

100_1863.jpg

This is the turn in from the 'main' road into the driveway, you can see the house in the middle of the pic (White spec) a friend of ours drives rather cautiously, it takes him 18min to get up the driveway :cry: I figured that in a petrol explorer it would cost me £10 to get to the end of the drive, hence the diesel pioneer!

100_1896.jpg

Another shot of the house from up the hill. Its hard to get the scale of the place, we went out for a play on the quads the other day and managed 18 miles without touching tarmac :shocked: we could have gone much further too, just the rear quarters were getting sore!