Please Identify this WWII Vehicle.

6 X 6

6X6,

Very interesting. Is there anything written on the back of these prints? stamps or marks???? Looks like the 3 tonner model CMP to me, which I think is a F60 from poor memory. Someone refer to Bart and show my plankdom up please....

MB

Thank you all very much for your replies. I often wondered what make the lorry was and also who the people might have been. Whole books have been written about ex.WD vehicles on the fairgrounds in the 1950's but this doesn't, to me anyway, look like a fairground vehicle in spite of the tow hitch. Maybe this is just Traveller Dave's grand parents taking a spiff break. Here's the other three pics that make up the set. No writing or clues on the back of the prints.

sc003cf97b.jpg

sc003d54b7.jpg

sc003cc736.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This caravan conversion is definately on a late model FORD F60L chassis and I would hazard a guess that it is from 1944/45. Why not a Chev C60L, well the steering box is more visible and the front body work curves up over the box and the horn. The grill is also made of square mesh whereas the Chev is diamond pattern mesh. The lifting rings on the front and rear axles did not come into use until late 1944.

Rick