WW2 Brit conundrum...

Rick W

Focke Wulf 190 and Junkers 88 - i'm willing to bet it's a nightfighter version, and possibly the one sitting 200metres away from me at the RAF Museum which ended up in Scotland by a defecting German crew. These two would be part of the Air Fighting Development Unit (AFDU) which evaluated captured German aircraft. One AFDU unit was based at Duxford for a while

Nice on Rob. The Langham's strike again.

The Ju88 is HM509 of 1426 Enemy Aircraft Flight at Duxford then Collyweston. It is a Ju88A-5 I believe, that landed at Chivenor in Devon. Possibly a nav error like the FW190 that landed at Pembrey, having mistaken the Bristol Channel for the "Scheisse Kanal".

The Fw190 could be one of a number operated by the RAF at various times.

Bob L (the other one).

There was a He111 in the RAF flight that crashed at a US bomber base while landing. It approached the runway from one direction while the Ju88 approached the other. The He111 pilot pulled up to avoid a collision, stalled and crashed. Can't recall which US base it was, one of the 8th Air Force bases.

Steve