One for Woa2

Mark

This is correct as I understand it. If I am wrong, somebody please correct me.

The Ford V8 made in Dagenham was 21 stud 3622cc. Ford V8s made in Canada were all 24 stud 3920cc. I think they made both types in USA (Ford did not import engines during WW2 as Dagenham could produce engines faster than complete vehicles, although I have found wartime engine bearings with 'made in USA' on them).

The mechanical parts between a 21 stud and a 24 stud are not interchangable except for external parts like water pumps. Exhaust manifolds varied considerably, depending on what vehicle the engine was to be fitted in. Therefore if you have a 21 stud Ford V8, it doesn't matter where it was made, as the block and internal mechanicals will still be interchangeable.

PLEASE NOTE - The Ford V8 that the SUMB uses is NOT interchangeable with an English or Canadian Ford V8, as the french changed everything slightly.

I take it you want to buy spares from the US for an English V8? Only advice I can give is to make sure you have the correct model as some part numbers did vary. Other than that, they are very similar.

I will be at Dallas Digout on Sunday if you want to have a chat about V8s. Look for a green focus.