Self Propelled Artillery WWII

abn deuce

a photo of a very heavy door knocker M7

420086321_307cfa70ff.jpg

French caption

Une colonne du 66th Armored Field Artillery Bn de la 4th Armored. Div.(arrivant de la route de St Lô)

Au premier plan un HMC M-7 Priest de la B Btry.

A gauche caviardé un char léger M5A1 Stuart du 25th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron (Mechanized) de la 4th Armored Div. arrivant de Périers, a sauté sur une mine et a déchenillé.

Un panneau blanc placé à l'entrée de la rue porte la mention "Mines" pour en interdire la circulation.

nous sommes au carrefour de la Croix Quillard

translation

A column of the 66th Armored Field Artillery Bn of the 4th Armored. Div. (newcomer of the road of St Lô) In the foreground a HMC M-7 Priest of B Btry. On the left caviardé a light tank M5A1 Stuart of the 25th Cavalry Recognition Squadron (Mechanized) of the 4th Armored Div. newcomer of Périers, jumped on a mine and déchenillé. A white panel placed at l' entered of the street the mention " carries; Mines" to prohibit circulation of it. we are with the crossroads of the Quillard Cross

Edited by abn deuce
added translation

Quite an interesting bunch of guy's. They Seem to have enough tools and more importantly space to undertake such a huge restoration project . The other things they have finished look first class . Perhaps you sould see if they would like to Join this Forum ??? I m sure others would like the Humber armoured car and the International Halftrack. they have completed

Great bit of news ...Just wished I already had a subscription :cry: ah well I should google and see if any of the hobby stores carry it in the area . Probably have to subscribe next year .

Hi mate,

Their distributed 'over there ;-)' by Wise Owl worldwide publications.Lakewood. CA.

tel. 562-461 7574

info@wiseowlmagazines.com

hope its of some help. :-)

How is this for blatant advertising...... the easiest way for you to subscribe to CMV is to go to the website at http://www.cmvmag.co.uk (which is even linked from the the HMVF home page) and click on the 'subscribe' menu. For £51.72 (strange amount, but there you are) you'll get 12 issues delivered to your door.

Fyi, we've an M7 Priest profile coming up in a couple of issues - that's just between me and you.

Best wishes

John Blackman

• 9 months later...

Hi Ivo,

Good to hear you enjoyed Hemmen, we have a big event planned in 2010, in Wijk bij Duurstede. Perhaps you and your club will be able to be there?

I've been following your site for ages now, it's great that you are able to restore WWII armor and a Priest will be a great thing to see in real life!

Now I'll go and look at your site again!

Hi Joris,

That sound great!

We're currently trying to get the Priest running again. We only focus on the running gear for now (bogie wheels, tracks, drivetrain and engine). It's still a lot but not as much as a the little details. Our idea is to get it running in january.

So I think we will be present with our Priest in 2010 ;)