One for abn CCKW

Mark

Hello

Just a question for you, do you ever or have you been to the show in Aberdeen that you have over there, I have heard a lot about it and is supposed to be on a par with our War and Peace show here. If so have you any pictures etc.

Regards

Yes I have gone to the open house held at the Aberdeen Proving grounds in Maryland a number of times . I ll see if I can locate any photo's I might have of the events . I know I did take or make a number of video's at the time but they are on super 8 mm video tape and would need to be converted and transfered to DVD in order to post them on HMVF TV .

The Museum there is a fantastic collection of all manner of WWI WWII Korea and Vietman war armour and artillery sadly almost all are stored outdoors and have suffered from weather and sticky fingers . only in the late 80's did they take steps to at least put these Historic artifacts on to concrete platforms to keep them from sinking into the dirt . They were also making plans to try and shelter or house some of the more important items .

During the open house a verity of groups are doing demonstrations and re-creations not only WWII but American Civil War battles . Parades, helicopter operations and live fire demonstrations with a number of things going on simultaneously.

This is what happened before Sept.11 2001 . I have not been back there since the mid 90's

• 4 months later...

I had missed your posting until now sorry .

the Aberdeen proving ground show is held each year , the show is held on a weekend in May this year its dates are the 8th 9th and 10th .there is a parade and static display of the HMV's and there had been live firing displays by the Military as well as tour's of the proving grounds test facility's .