WW2 British vehicle roundels.

Tony B

Hi Tony B,

do we know if these troops are Canadian or not ??

Ashley

Hi Ashley, the caption for the picture is of General van Strydonck, commander of the Free Belgian forces, Somewher in western command December 14th 1940. So I assume they are Belgium troops. Anyone recognise the castle?

Hi Ashley, the caption for the picture is of General van Strydonck, commander of the Free Belgian forces, Somewher in western command December 14th 1940. So I assume they are Belgium troops. Anyone recognise the castle?

I think the roundel on the side of the carrier is a Belgian symbol. The blue white red roundel used by British forces in N. Africa onwards, was normally on a top surface, for air recognition and quite large. Going by the carrier's census number it is a British built one.

Richard

Makes sense Richard, the Free forces were paranoid about being recognised. I went to agricultural college in Warwicjshire at Moreton Morrel near Wellsbourne. It was HQ for the Free Checz forces. When the Royal Militia Island of Jersey joined the Hampshire regiment they were allowed to keep their cap badge and had a Jersey brevet under the Hampshire shoulder title.