Land Rover HS Wolf LHD

paul connor

Hello everyone

My Wolf HS has started to have an intermittent heater blower motor. I have not had a chance as yet to inspect this but suspect this is likely the motor (I had the same symptoms with the 110 before). Now I am just trying to get an idea together because the worst case scenario is a new blower motor, which would normally not be a huge issue, but it is a Wolf HS and Left Hand Drive. The part is UTP2229 which is a staggering £2000!

Now this has me wondering if the blower motor can be disassembled and actually repaired, as the purchase cost of the blower is really staggering and not viable at that price!

Has anyone undertaken such a task?

Regards

Paul

Paul many of these dealers don't actually have them in stock even if you were that affluent.

If you do find a dealer with one be certain that it really is the correct thing. About ten years ago there was a dealer up north who was selling supposed Wolf motors which were in fact only 12v. He assumed they were 24v because the RF filter was rated at 24v. I did give some support to the misled customer but I don't think the seller would budge on his assertion that it was a 24v item. Sadly this was from a dealer with a good reputation otherwise.

Thanks Clive.

I did note most websites didn't have actual stock. I wonder if the motor could be repaired? Or if a RHD 24v motor could be adapted to fit the LHD case?

I'm really unsure what the difference is other than the casing is mirrored. Or does the fan spin the opposite direction?

Fingers crossed its a connection issue, but until I get a free few hours I can but speculate. 

Yes check electrical connections and switching also ensure that no covering of drive shaft is crushed and motor is struggling. Should be possible to repair, brushes would be first susoect.

BTW surely the part no is STC3070?

1 hour ago, fv1609 said:

Yes check electrical connections and switching also ensure that no covering of drive shaft is crushed and motor is struggling. Should be possible to repair, brushes would be first susoect.

BTW surely the part no is STC3070?

That part number brings up a wiper motor?

I have NSN 2540-99-301-7351 and Part No. UTP2229 (LHD inc supression box) from the AESP, which is where I got the price shock from.

The blower is very intermittent, like this morning I turn the key and it starts, runs a while on full then stops. Sometimes then comes back on a few minute and then the same. More investigation needed when it stops raining!

Sorry Paul I am talking nonsense I entirely misread your post. I got up very very early and bouncing along in very fast coach, reading is very difficult as one arm of my reading glasses has broken off. It's difficult to hold my glasses on and read the phone. Sorry

1 hour ago, fv1609 said:

Sorry Paul I am talking nonsense I entirely misread your post. I got up very very early and bouncing along in very fast coach, reading is very difficult as one arm of my reading glasses has broken off. It's difficult to hold my glasses on and read the phone. Sorry

No problem, no need to apologise.

Enjoy your holiday