20 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

Advertising 500+ military vehicles, sounds impressive. I pressed the enter your MV button to see if it was still a pay to exhibit venture, but it just gave me a 404.

Same with me, what is interesting is that the homepage is 'the war and peace show' and on the mv booking page it shows a picture of 2 guys wearing 'war and peace revival' jackets..........
How much do we reckon they will charge mv's?

Hi - who is running this ?

Contact gives an office in Tunbridge Wells, e-mail address and phone number are in the Netherlands

Trading info states you need a licence for Kent County Council

All looks rather dodgy to me

Cheers

Richard

In answer to the question " how much will they be charging you to exhibit your MV?", the answer is easy: nothing because if there is a charge I will not go and I suspect, neither will most MV owners. On the other hand, if it was free and had even a ghost of the shows that Rex ran, I would be interested!!

• Like 2

The event seems to be owned/being planned by a company called Cleverevents.  It has two directors registered in UK since June, both are Dutch by nationality and residence, though there is a UK company address.  Cleverevents seems to be a very much larger concern with interests worldwide, so they aren't merely military enthusiasts, but large-scale events organisers.

I am very suspicious of this, the official blurb gives scant information and is vague. I had heard it had been bought by a Dutch firm from the previous shyster who just ripped everyone off and then cancelled at the last minute, blaming all and sundry except himself. I would advise extreme caution with this one. Got scam written all over it!

On 9/1/2024 at 12:53 PM, 10FM68 said:

The event seems to be owned/being planned by a company called Cleverevents.  It has two directors registered in UK since June, both are Dutch by nationality and residence, though there is a UK company address.  Cleverevents seems to be a very much larger concern with interests worldwide, so they aren't merely military enthusiasts, but large-scale events organisers.

What makes you think that they are military enthusiasts?

I have emailed them to ask if mv's will be charged-as yet, no reply.

1 hour ago, rambo1969 said:

What makes you think that they are military enthusiasts?

I have emailed them to ask if mv's will be charged-as yet, no reply.

I don't.  I haven't a clue whether they are military enthusiasts or not.    

Edited by 10FM68

13 hours ago, 10FM68 said:

I don't.  I haven't a clue whether they are military enthusiasts or not.    

In this day & age far more likely to be a commercial enterprise with a entry charge policy 😒

But then I am a confirmed cynic.

• Like 1